This risk assessment, safe syetems of work and permit to work course is fully tailored around your own company procedures and processes for managing risks.
Prior to the course delivery we will work with you to design the course around your management system detail e.g. your own risk assessment, safe system of work and permit to work forms.
The course will exactly mirror your management system requirements, whilst raising awareness of legal requirements.
Our suggested course content covers the following:
- Basic legislation and general provisions of risk assessment – sometime through interactive games, depending on your needs
- Understand the definitions of terms commonly used in the risk management process
- Recognise common workplace hazards and gain an appreciation of hazard categories
- Effect of safety attitude and personal behaviour may have on risk levels and the potential to be harmed
- HSE 5 steps to risk assessment
- Understand and be able to apply basic principles of ERICP to risk management
- How to complete a risk assessment considering the hierarchy of control and the level of detail to be included – using HSE template for risk assessment
- The differences between Safe Systems of Work, method statements and safe operating Procedures
- Basic content of a Safe System of Work
- How to complete a SSoW, the level of detail required for completion and how to communicate to others
- How to recognise changes and what actions to take when changes are discovered
- Understand Permit to Work process
- Be able to review a risk assessment and suggest changes
The course is normally assessed by a multichoice assessment
Some clients also take the option of setting coursework following the course, such as the submission of a risk assessment for review and feedback by our training team.
Alternatively we can visit your operation and provide personal coaching on the techniques following the training using onsite examples.