Interactive course starting with basics of interactions, building up to influencing techniques and reflective practice.
This powerful course can be fully tailored to suit your company needs and key performance indicators to track positive and at risk behaviours.
The course includes a site practical with personnel discussions to embed understanding and provide personal coaching opportunities.
- Understanding unsafe acts – reasoning and reaction to intervention
- ABC of human behaviour & worked examples
- How safety cultural maturity is developed
- Critical behaviours for leadership levels
- Use of open and closed questioning techniques
- Questioning to understand the power of tailored thought-provoking questions
- ‘Why’ – the unhelpful question
- Use of speech, eyes and posture to understand and influence
- Active listening – use of key words
- 6-step behavioural interaction process & worked examples
- Using reflective practice for continual improvement
- Planning of behavioural safety interactions to evaluate culture levels
- Safe working index – effective use as a leading indicator
- Practical site-based session on practicing techniques, personal coaching and development
- Using behavioural hot spots for positive and at-risk behaviour
- Next steps to create a behavioural interaction habit
In addition to the course some clients have requested coursework to review the output from safety conversation and provide opportunity for feedback.
This has also previously included coaching and mentoring of individuals virtually to allow continual improvement on their techniques and performance in influencing safe behaviours.