This e-learning course has been designed to assist senior management, managers, supervisors and safety professionals on the techniques to adopt during interactions to influence safety performance and alignment with desired outcomes as a safety coach.
Our 6 hour online CPD course covers the main elements to provide confidence in your own coaching practice.
The course includes the following elements to help you become a more successful safety coach:
- What is coaching and mentoring
- Relationship between different ways to influence
- Structuring a basic coaching session
- Planning, preparation, organisation:
- Opening discussions
- Coaching on key issues
- Summarising and actions
- Gauging commitment
- Next steps
- Review and reflection
- Personal action plan
- Getting started on the session:
- Harrys window
- Win-win scenarios
- When the plan changes
- Active listening
- Answers you don’t want
- Getting ‘the gimmee’
- Safety leadership styles – looking at different leadership style, the risks of working with each and the ways to work with each, such as The Politician, The Bluffer, The Yes Man, Lost in the Jungle
- Different coaching models, how they work and how they can be applied to session, such as push/ pull theory, the coaching equation, Scaling, coaching through change, GROW, Clear and the power of three
- Mentoring – what is it, behaviours of safety mentor
- End of course multi-choice test
Who is it for?Aimed supervisory, management and leadership levels.
Duration6 - 8 hours
This course can be customised to suit your specific needs.