Fully interactive course from the start covering a range of techniques to help carry out effective incident investigations.
A case study runs through the day involving in a fictional incident at your site, involving a contractor.
The course is designed to use a variety of pieces of evidence which will be released as the day progresses. Small groups will interpret the evidence and discuss the actions they will take leading to determining root causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence
Suggested content includes:
- Initial information on the incident with discussions on how you should react, including the planning of the investigation and forming a team
- Types of evidence – how to interpret and gather information
- Dealing with witnesses and taking statements
- RIDDOR reporting – reportable incident quiz
- Determining immediate, underlying and root causation
- Simple root cause analysis using why tree process
- Actions to prevent a reoccurrence, including monitoring to completion
- Fair and just culture – benefits and application
Who is it for?Investigation team members, leadership, management and supervisors. Course is very useful for contractors
DurationApproximately 6 - 7 hours
Group size4 - 10
This course can be customised to suit your specific needs.