Short awareness course on Respirable Crystalline Silica, including practical methods and considerations for control. On completion a 2 hour CPD certificate is awarded.
Below video provides an overview of the course.
The course provides useful links and information to help you build a RCS action plan, implement and requirements and monitor the effectiveness of controls.
- What is Respirable Crystalline Silica?
- RCS in products – composition
- What happens when you are exposed and how RCS can harm you
- Assessing the initial risks and carrying out a COSHH assessment
- Hierarchy of control
- Preparing a dust action plan
- Implementing controls – engineering solutions, suppression, surfaces and housekeeping practices
- Dust monitoring and health surveillance
- Training to raise awareness and limit exposure
- HSE COSHH essentials
- Workforce involvement and feedback
- RPE – Selection and different types
- Face fit testing & common myths
- Training in safe use, care and maintenance of RPE
- Record keeping
- Maintenance and replacement of RPE
- Multi-choice test
This course is also delivered through a face to face course, for more details click here
Useful further reading materials can be found here