Fully interactive course on common occupational health hazards of the industry.
Provides a great understanding of issues which are commonly not considered or misunderstood by many workforce members.
- Interactive game with questioning covering the following subjects o Asbestos
- Legionnaires disease
- Heat stress/ heat stroke o Leptospirosis
- Whole body vibration
- DSE – ergonomics
- Lone working
- Work related stress
- Manual handling the facts, TILE
- Basic manual handling assessments
- Manual handling tasks & devices to help
- Hazardous substances – GHS labels, data sheets
- COSHH assessment – worked examples
- Respirable crystalline silica – products where is found and in what concentration
- Dust control measures
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
This course can be fully tailored to meet your own management system requirements and needs.
The course is assessed by a short multi-choice question sheet
Who is it for?Anyone working in mineral products, manufacturing or construction environments
DurationApproximately 6 hours
Group size4 to 10
This course can be customised to suit your specific needs.