Tarmac are one the UK’s leading sustainable construction materials, road contracting and building products business.
They produce and supply a range of construction material comprising aggregates, asphalt, cement, lime, concrete, road contracting, building products and recycling services.
Safety Coaching have worked directly with the group training, competency and human resources team to assist in the enhancement of competency levels within their direct workforce.
Safety Coaching have assisted the Tarmac Group to enhance the competency of their teams by assisting in the following:
- Played a pivotal supporting role in the development and delivery of their award winning apprenticeship scheme – the professional operator development programme (PODP)
- Designed and delivered a range of training courses in relation to the Tarmac Health and Safety management system, such as risk assessment, contractor management, isolation and lock-out of machinery, behavioural safety techniques and a range of others
- Delivery of a IOSH Working and Managing Safely for Mineral Products qualifications to their workforce
- Delivery of over 200 management level vocational qualifications and developed an innovative SHE workshop to help evaluate candidates knowledge as part of the qualification
- Enhanced the existing mobile plant operator scheme, including methodology, scheme rules and engagement with operators to provide a streamlined, more effective delivery
- Delivery of a bespoke electronic learning system, which was fully interactive for all learners in relation to vocational qualifications at Levels 4 and 6 for the Extractive Industry